Tuesday 17 March 2020

Showing my gear off


Travelling & working in children issues is something which I love the MOST and it is one of my favourite hobbies. But just a few days before through travelling I got a chance to experience something even more interesting. Life is full of various events and experiences. But not all are memorable, enjoyable and important. In my opinion everyone has their occasion which is special to them, mine was when I attended the Asian Children’s Summit. And it was one of those incidents that happened in my life, which was so memorable that it almost kept on lingering in my mind.
This summit took place in the mid November. I was excited but at the same time my heart was throbbing. This was my first time I ever attended a summit. I was a bit scared as I already knew there would be many talented representatives representing their own nation. I felt honoured to represent my country too in such a tender age and my joy knew no bounds. After a short journey we reached Bangkak, Thailand. There were 4 child delegates including me from India along with Anuradha Mohanty, PECUC accompanied us as our adult facilitator. I was nominated by PECUC to represent National Action and Coordination Group for Ending Violence Against Children NACG EVAC India, through a national level nomination process. I am from PECUC, Priti from Open Learning System & Other two children from IJM Kolkata are in children from India. There were approx 46 children from 23 countries of Asia. I had decided to actively participate in each and every activity assigned and was successful too. Every country had their own market booths showing off their culture and values. We got to learn so many things and more ever to add the staffs and the elders over there were so cooperative friendly that certainly one couldn’t be uncomfortable sharing any types of problems with them. By this time I had made a number of friends of various countries and each one was too loveable. We had 4 groups/sessions and I was a part of digital era. We had our own group presentations. We got a chance to be heard by national and international leaders like Dr. Rinchen Chophel, Grace Ageaoili, Mr. Rajeev Kumar and many more. And at the last day the closing session or the cultural night was held. We got a chance to show off our talent & everyone was mesmerized. I too had performed an Odishi classical dance, everyone liked and it was praiseworthy. This Summit was so impressive that it offered me lessons that cannot be erased by any other experience. This was really admirable as this was a platform, which took a step for children’s voices to be heard. Hear our suggestions were taken, our questions were answered and our feedbacks were listened. At last I would thank everyone who helped me to be a part of such a beautiful event. I would be honored to be part of it again. 

Miloni Mishra
Sisusava ,Children Group Representative ,PECUC
Delegate to Asia Children Summit

No comments:

Post a Comment